Logos

Logos

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Breakfast of Champions

              I think I am trying to make my head as empty as it was when I was born onto this damaged planet fifty years ago.

 I suspect that this is something most white Americans and non-white Americans who imitate white Americans should do. The things other people have put in my head at any rate do not fit together nicely, are often useless and ugly, are out of proportion with one another, are out of proportion with life as it really is outside my head.

I have no culture, no human harmony in my brains. I can’t live without culture anymore.

                                                                                    Kurt Vonnegut

                                                                                    Breakfast of Champions

 

No comments:

Post a Comment